In this episode, we discuss:
- (1) hobby connections (1:43)
- (2) market check-in: Lebron, Giannis, Luka, and Mahomes rookie card report (5:28)
- (3) the #3JordanCards movement (11:39)
- (4) hopping in the “hobby time machine” — which was a better buy in 1986: 1986-87 fleer wax or Microsoft stock (17:06)
- (5) musings on “The Last Dance” and its ongoing hobby impact (31:59)
- (6) breaking down the appeal of iconic mid-year base PSA 10 cards (45:06)
- (7) the methodology of studying card markets (47:39)
- (8) market analysis of the 1989-90 Hoops #200 Michael Jordan PSA 10 (50:02)
- (9) market analysis of the 1990-91 Skybox #41 Michael Jordan PSA 10 (56:20)
- (10) guessing game: what will the next 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan PSA 10 sell for?
Want to see us on video?
Check out our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6a-1QAogslxkA4Wztt0KZA
BreakerCulture #89 | PROJECT 2020 – 8 Weeks of Data in 22 minutes
Today is a quick one… wanted to summarize some of our thoughts on Project 2020. We’ve been breaking down this...
House of Jordans | #29 Hoarding, Spending $1m on Cards, MJ Fleer RC at $96k, & 2019-20 Hoops
In this episode, we discuss: (1) the Michael Jordan Fleer #57 PSA 10 rookie card verging on $100,000 (4:21), (2)...
Wax Museum | #63 Hobby Happenings and LeBron RPA Updates
In this episode, Kyle updates listeners on the status of the National, COMC, PSA, and more. Additionally, he lays out...
BreakerCulture | #88 What Sports Cards can learn from Bitcoin (and Crypto) | & Secrets of Blockchain w/Bunchu of RekT + CoinHQ
Today we dive into a topic that has surprising overlap with Sports Cards… Cryptocurrency and the Bitcoin investor marketplace. I...
House of Jordans | Kristina’s Corner | Interview with Tyson Beck (Project 2020)
For this week’s episode, we are departing from the normal House of Jordans podcast format. Instead, we are bringing you...
Wax Museum #62 | Investor Content Cycles — the ripples of sports card investing.
In this episode, Kyle examines a popular model of card investment content and the ripples this model can unknowingly create....
House of Jordans | #28 Donruss Net Marvels Inserts, MJs moving at Warp Speed, & the Hobby Content Boom
In this episode, we discuss: (1) hobby photography spotlight: @anthonydaviscards on IG (4:16), (2) grading company preference poll results: BGS...
Wax Museum | #61 Conversation with FORMER Industry Employee. PART 2
Kyle and Tone (www.gameusedtone.com) continue their conversation about the inner workings of the sports card industry. Topics discussed include Kobe’s...
BreakerCulture | #87 Why NOW is NOT the right time to BUY Sports Cards.
First off, best wishes to your personal and home health. Keep staying strong. In today’s episode Shani Pelled rejoins the...
House of Jordans | #27 Enjoy the MJ Ride & SGC = PSA/BGS?
In this episode, we discuss: (1) the Michael Jordan card challenge: Chris and Brian compete to see who found the...